Live Updating: Indian Market Trades Low; BSE Sensex Holds 21000
1.15 PM IST: Indian Stock Market was trading flat on Thursday due to lack on any triggers and muted global market trends. Majority of Asian markets ended the day with marginal loss today. Indian companies have reported better-than-expected earnings for second quarter and the stock prices have reflected the investor optimism.
Among major gainers in today's trade were Bank of Baroda, PNB, JP Associates and Sesa Sterlite. Bank of Baroda declared impressive results today and the stock was trading higher by 5 percent. Among major losers in afternoon trade were Ambuja Cements, ACC, ONGC and Dr Reddys Labs.
Real estate major DLF declared decline of 28% in its quarterly net profit due to higher interest outgo and higher cost of operations. The company reported decline of 4% in income from operations. The stock was trading flat.
Market Analyst Hemant Thukral has given buy call for automobile major M&M. Sudarshan Sukhani has given buy call for Maruti Suzuki. Contrary to analyst expectations, automobile companies have declared impressive results and the stocks have witnessed increased demand in the markets.
Isha Sondhi and Kunal Mishra report live markets from Mumbai, India during market trading hours.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies