Carrots and Tomatoes can Improve Sperm Quality, Quantity
The journal Fertility and Sterility published study has unveiled that carrots and tomatoes are very beneficial for improving sperm quality as well as fertility.
A group of researchers from Harvard University carried out the study. They have based their study results on the assessment of 189 college-age men. While giving information about the experiment, study researchers have affirmed that they have assessed the diet and sperm quality.
After carrying out the study, it was found that those men who ate most carrots had the best sperm motility. In addition, men who ate diet rich in lycopene have reduced chance of developed abnormal shaped sperms.
It is due to lycopene that tomatoes and other red colored fruits get their color. Therefore, two things have become clear from the research. First thing is that carotenoids will help in providing high sperm motility. Second factor is that lycopene will provide good sperm morphology.
Experts affirmed that though healthy diet is vital for overall development and improvement in health, carrots and tomatoes are the ones that bring improvement in the quality of sperms.
The researchers have also named sweet potato and melon among food items that can improve the quality and quantity of sperm.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal