New hatchback & sub-4 metre sedan: to be launched Tata Motors
Tata Motors, the fourth-largest passenger vehicle maker of India is planning to launch a new hatchback and a sub-4 metre sedan powered by an all-new 1.2 litre turbocharged petrol engine in 2014.
The hatchback and compact sedan will be launched at the Auto Expo in February. This would be trailed by their commercial launch. The new hatchback (codenamed Falcon 4) will take a seat alongside the existing Indica and Vista models. The company has ruled out phasing out either of the two models.
Cashing in on the popularity of petrol cars and to stir up some excitement to the brand these two new products will be major product offerings from Tata Motors in the last 3-4 years since the launch of the Aria crossover in 2010-11.
Ranjit Yadav, president (passenger vehicle business unit), Tata Motors said, “We have planned a portfolio where we will be bringing new vehicles every year up to 2020. Next year, we will launch completely new cars. It will have a completely new DNA, with modified platforms, new attributes, powertrains and design language. Actually, these cars are for the global markets. So, we will launch them first in India and then take these to select international markets from 2015.”
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market