UK Consumes More Anti-Depressants than Almost all of Europe
According to statistics of an international study, researchers have found that the consumption of anti-depressants is the highest in Britain. The researchers claim the people of Britain consume more anti-depressants than the people of other European countries.
This study has revealed that UK has the seventh-highest prescription rate for drugs. Sources also reveal that people take high intensity depressants in Britain. It has also been revealed that drugs like Prozac are commonly used by the taken by the people of this country.
The statistics by researchers reveal that about 1,000 inhabitants of Britain have been using these drugs on a daily basis, in the year 2011.
Also, the surge in the daily dosage of these anti-depressants among the people of Britain has led to concerns among many doctors. These doctors are concerned as they think that antidepressants are being overprescribed in Britain.
The sources have also revealed that a particular rise has been witnessed in the prescription as well as the usage of a family of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which is almost identical to Prozac and Seroxat.
Doctors say the usage of these drugs could also be linked to the suicide attempts among younger users.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal