Worcester Trumps Boston to Open Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Massachusetts
A survey was conducted to select a place that will be best suited for the establishment of dispensaries to cure medical marijuana patients. The new figures by the state regulators revealed that 100 applicants applied to get the license for the establishment of medical centre.
It has been reported that Worcester has left Boston in the competition to grab the opportunity to open centre in Massachusetts. According to latest figures, nine of the no –profit companies shave opted for the Worcester and six have opted for Boston. The two companies Framingham and Lowell has attained third most desirable position, by gaining five applicants.
Along with this, Northampton has attracted three applicants and Cambridge has attracted single applicant with a similarly liberal populace. It has been reported that about 35 permits will be awarded in maximum. State officials are planning to award winners of this competition by the end of January.
Barbara Ferrer, executive director of the Boston Public Health Commission, said: “We are glad there are applicants that have moved forward in Boston because we support the idea that we should have a dispensary in the city”.
She said that she was not surprised of the second position attained by Boston, as it is not an easy task to open a business in the city.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies