Giant Dinosaur Auction to Take Place in UK
As per recent reports, it has been unveiled that a giant skeleton of a diplodocus will be auctioned in the UK on Wednesday. It is said that the skeleton will be able to fetch more than £500,000.
The dinosaur fossil, which is said to be quite huge and having lock neck is said to be from the late Jurassic park. Experts were of the view that it is the first time that auction of a large dinosaur is taking place in the UK.
The specie has been named as Misty. It has been said that the skeleton was found almost complete in 2009 in Wyoming in the United States. Sons of palaeontologist Raimund Albersdoerfer were the ones who have dig out the skeleton.
They first found a huge bone of Misty then nine weeks later they were able to dig out Misty. It was then that Misty was prepared at a prominent fossil laboratory in Holland and later was assembled in the UK.
Natural History expert Errol Fuller will be acting as curate in the auction that will take place at Summers Place Auctions in Billingshurst. "There are probably about six of these in the great museums of the world, including in Pittsburg and Washington", said Fuller.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain