Toyota suspends deliveries of the Lexus GX460
All of a sudden, troubled auto major Toyota suspended deliveries of the Lexus GX460 sport utility in Canada and the United States Wednesday for the time being after US non-profit magazine Consumer Reports highlighted concerns about the handling of the car that could cause rollovers leading to "serious injury or death."
Toyota forwarded that as of now, its engineering teams are examining the GX using Consumer Reports' specific parameters to identify how we can enhance the GX's performance.
On Wednesday afternoon, while commenting on the halt of Lexus' GX 460 model sales in the US, a spokesperson of Al Futtaim Motors, sales franchisee of Toyota and Lexus in the UAE, told Gulf News, "The distributor is aware of the issue and is awaiting information from Toyota if sales of this particular model will be stopped in the region here."
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies