Toyota suspends deliveries of the Lexus GX460
All of a sudden, troubled auto major Toyota suspended deliveries of the Lexus GX460 sport utility in Canada and the United States Wednesday for the time being after US non-profit magazine Consumer Reports highlighted concerns about the handling of the car that could cause rollovers leading to "serious injury or death."
Toyota forwarded that as of now, its engineering teams are examining the GX using Consumer Reports' specific parameters to identify how we can enhance the GX's performance.
On Wednesday afternoon, while commenting on the halt of Lexus' GX 460 model sales in the US, a spokesperson of Al Futtaim Motors, sales franchisee of Toyota and Lexus in the UAE, told Gulf News, "The distributor is aware of the issue and is awaiting information from Toyota if sales of this particular model will be stopped in the region here."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids