In medicine field, stem cells are called as mother cells for their excellent property to become any type of cell in the body. One of the outstanding features of stem cells is the ability to self-renew and multiply.
Through stem cells, one can look more youthful and fresh. It all happens due to its quality of renewing new skin cells, which increases the production of Elian collagen and Elastin. Both the things can make one look young.
There are a number of benefits that can be attained from stem cell therapy. A number of studies take place on stem cells and one of the researches have helped in knowing it strengthens arteries and veins.
Recently, three new studies have been carried out that have raised hope for regenerating human organs in laboratories. One of the researches, which have been published in the Journal of Visualized Experiments, has found a way to re-program somatic cells into induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells.
"We have induced somatic cells within the liver of adult mice to transiently behave as pluripotent stem cells. This was done by transfer of four specific genes", said Dr. Kostas Kostarelos from the University of Manchester. It has also been said that stem cells can be used for stimulating hair growth.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares