Emirates Steel to invest Dh 6 billion for phase two
Abu Dhabi-based Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) has decided to pump Dh 6 billion ($1.6 billion) for the second phase of its UAE plant expansion.
According to sources, phase II of the expansion will inverse plant's capacity to 3 million tonnes per annum by fiscal 2011. The firm has just completed its Dh3 billion phase one expansion, he said.
The company authorities said that the first phase of the expansion will lift company's production from 650,000 tonnes per year to two million tonnes per year.
Emirates Steel is planning to further boost its capacity to 6.5 million tonnes annually by 2013-2014 through capacity expansions and acquisitions.
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19