New HS2 to Have Its Headquarters in Birmingham
About 1,500 well-paid jobs are on their way to Birmingham as HS2 Ltd. announced its High Speed 2 (HS2) rail line construction head quarters will be housed in the city.
The new base in the city will manage the construction of the £50 billion scheme, and will also have its decision-making powers shifted from London.
This project stands for one of the biggest boost to employment in the last few years, which will be creating 1,500 posts that will consist of jobs for engineers and designers who are responsible for the plans and details of the construction process.
It is the largest public sector transfer in Birmingham and is likely to generate thousands of jobs in the supply chain. Even more engineering firms as well as consultancies are likely to have a desire to follow HS2 and come to the city.
Patrick McLoughlin the Transport Secretary said that this action would bring with it opportunities of skilled job to the city.
2015 is the year that is expected as the opening time of the new headquarters.
Sir Albert Bore, Leader of Birmingham City Council, said: "Since the industrial revolution, Birmingham has been a national capital for engineering, so it is only natural that the HS2 construction HQ be based in Birmingham."
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space