Snapchat has added a new platform called "Discover", which is going to prove a major news update podium for several of the news organisations. This will help the channels share various stories daily.
At present, the users can see the content from eleven outlets which includes CNN, ESPN, Comedy Central, Food Network, Cosmopolitan, Daily Mail, Yahoo News, National Geographic, Vice, People and Warner Music.
Earlier in the week, Snapchat wrote in a blog post after launching the feature last Tuesday that 'Discover' is brand new means of exploring stories coming from various editorial teams.
Well knows news agencies such as the CNN plan to capitalise by partnering with the popular chat app, Snapchat. They find huge potential in the apps ability to share news stories along with entertainment.
Every story in this section will be viewable for only twenty four hours. The duration of the news stories is greater than what is used for messages in Snapchat.
While talking about how this section could benefit the news channels, head of social news in CNN, Samantha Barry, said "They are visually-led with great images and videos, but when you swipe up, you will get great CNN context with more images, text and background."
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares