So what if there is a slowdown in Comcast's subscriber growth and in April it quit its plans of Time Warner Cable, the company is still doing well thanks to the internet.
The cable company added 180,000 new Internet customers in the quarter that stretched from April to June. It is the smallest customer gain in the past couple of years two years. The company's total Internet subscribers now number at 22.6 million.
The number of Comcast's Internet customers crossed the count of its cable subscribers in the last quarter for which the company reported its earnings on Thursday. This has happened for the first time ever in the company's history and highlights that broadband may be the future of the company. The Philadelphia based company reported 7.3 percent rise in its profit to 84 cents per share or $2.14 billion. Revenue in the quarter grew 11.3 percent to $18.74 billion.
This month, the company announced 'Stream' its Internet video service which that will provide broadcast channels along with HBO at a rate of $15 per month.
Comcast Corporation, the U.S based media and technology company has two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The NBCUniversal entertainment unit's movies and theme parks also had boosted earnings result the second quarter.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares