The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA)has announced that it has completed its smart transformation.
The agency said that it had completed the process in less than a year after the Smart Dubai initiative was launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. The smart transformation will contribute to improvement of services provided to customers and also to transforming the city into the one of the smartest cities in the world. The Smart DubaiSmart Dubai will allow management of the city's utilities and services to offer smart and connected services to the customers.
DEWA has taken a number of steps under the smart initiatives including Shams Dubai. The Shams Dubai initiative encourages building owners to install photovoltaic panels for generating electricity and connecting them to DEWA's grid. The electricity can be used in the building and excess will be sent to the grid. It will help the city diversity its power generation and encourage green energy production. The move will support the green economy and sustainable development of Dubai in line with the vision of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares