Luxury automaker and aerospace manufacturer, Rolls-Royce has entered into an agreement with Mubadala Development Company for setting up a new Approved Maintenance Centre (AMC) inAbu Dhabi.
The two sides also confirmed plans for setting up a new manufacturing facility for producing aero engine components in the country. The Mubadala Development Company, which is an investment and development organisation based in Abu Dhabi, is aiming to create a state of the art aerospace help in partnership with the company.
Rolls-Royce is working towards developing a competitive, capable and flexible Trent Service Network in order to offer support and services to a growing number of Trent engines entering services. The companysays that its Trent engines will account for 50 per cent of all installed engines in the wide body passenger market.
Mubadala will create a purpose-built facility to carry out work on the world's most efficient aero engine, the Trent XWB, which also powers the Airbus A350 XWB. The Middle East region is expected to house around 20 per cent of all 1,600 Trent XWB engines sold yet, that are due to be operated by airlines in the region.
Rolls-Royce is looking to create a world-class, competitive global supply chain covering growth regions and key strategic markets that will allow flexibility as it aims to increase production of its power engines.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares