An Emirati woman died in a car crash after her vehicle caught fire after hitting the back of a truck in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi Police said that the woman was driving a four-wheel-drive vehicle and crashed into a truck from behind. She was travelling on Yas Road, heading towards Dubai when the accident happened at 5 pm on Monday.
The authorities said that both the vehicles were towed away and the woman's body was transported to a hospital. The police vehicles and ambulances were immediately sent to the scene and the police officials are working to determine the cause of the accident.Abu Dhabi Traffic police worked to ensure that the traffic is not disrupted on the highway and cleared the accident site.
Abu Dhabi Police appealed to the motorists and road users to follow traffic rules to ensure their safety and advised people to maintain safe distance between vehicles and remain focused on the road to avoid accidents. The police also said that motorists should follow speed limits on roads. The police also said that the safety of motorists and road users remains its top priority.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares