1500 Pairs of Shoes Lined up to Honor Road Toll Victims
The lives of 1500 Australians that are lost on the roads every year has been honored with the lineup of 1500 shoes.
In the centre of Melbourne on Friday, 1500 pairs of shoes were lined up in Federation Square, with empty shoes affairs also taking place in Brisbane's Reddacliff Place and Townsville's Strand Park.
The event has been named as Fatality Free Friday with initiator and author, Russell White urging Australians to vow to be cautious while they are on the roads.
Mr. White said that it was remarkable and moving display that will assist in bringing the humanity back to the numbers that are heard time and again. This was the fourth year of the movement.
The movement proved to be a success in the previous year and it takes the least time to start the momentum.
The aim is to make people aware of the necessity that they need to be really careful while they are on road.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market