A new report has shown that a total of 183 hotel projects and 54,000 hotel rooms are in the pipeline in the United Arab Emirates.
The country's hospitality sector is expected receive a boost with the new hotels and additional capacity. The hotel construction report by Tophotelprojects prepared for The Hotel Show Dubai 2016 showed that the most of the planned hotels will open before the year 2020, when Dubai will host the massive 2020 World Expo event.
The report showed that 56 project will be completed in 2017 and another 58 projects will be completed in 2018. Major hotel openings will include Paramount Hotel Dubai, Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi and Citymax Hotel Ras Al Khaimah in 2017 and Marriott Dubai Jumeirah in 2018.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi will account for most of the new hotel destinations in the UAE and the Middle East Region. Dubai and Abu Dhabi has a combined 155 hotel projects and 47,619 rooms in the pipeline while Sharjah has six projects in the pipeline with 959 rooms and Ras Al-Khaimah with five projects planned with 1,847 rooms.
Hotel construction trends and other topics will be discussed at the 17th edition of The Hotel Show Dubai.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares