Samsung: There will be 500,000 Galaxy Note 7 replacements in US stores on Wednesday
Samsung Electronics said on Tuesday that replacement handsets for nearly 50 percent of the recalled Galaxy Note 7 units will be available in US stores on Wednesday. The disclosure by Samsung came while updating press on the status of Galaxy Note 7 recall and exchange program.
With Samsung having recalled approximately 1 million units of the Galaxy Note 7 handset -- due to exploding batteries issue -- in the US, the company said in its Tuesday announcement that more than 500,000 new Galaxy Note 7 replacement devices have arrived in the country, and are on their way to retail stores and carrier partners.
Announcing the availability of 500,000 Galaxy Note 7 replacement handsets in the US with effect from Wednesday, September 21, Samsung Electronics America president Tim Baxter said in a Tuesday statement: "New devices will be in stores no later than tomorrow."
In addition, Baxter also said that Samsung will "continue to take the necessary actions to ensure users are powering down and immediately exchanging recalled devices."
Meanwhile, about the status of recalled Galaxy Note 7 handsets already exchanged by their owners in the US, Samsung said that nearly 25 percent of Galaxy Note 7 owners in the country have exchanged their handsets. Last week, when Samsung started making Galaxy Note 7 replacement devices available, the company had said that nearly 13 percent owners of the recalled handsets had got their devices exchanged.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal