Sony’s flagship Xperia XZ handset hits US; costs $699 unlocked and contract-free
Sony newest flagship handset, the Xperia XZ, has officially been launched in the US market. The handset is now available for purchase from Amazon, unlocked and contract-free.
The Xperia XZ is Sony's latest flagship handset which was introduced by the company at the IFA event in September. The high-end handset was unveiled along with its smaller counterpart, the Xperia X Compact, which is already available from Amazon.
The retail cost of the unlocked US version of the Sony Xperia XZ handset from Amazon is a whopping $699. The handset is available in two color options -- Graphite Black and Platinum -- with the Forest Blue color option not available as of now.
The Xperia XZ handset is encased in a sleek metal frame, and comes with a premium look and feel. For its high price point, the US version of the handset comes with a number of impressive specifications and features.
Some of the most notable features of the US version of Xperia XZ include a 5.2-inch full HD display with 1,920 x 1,080 resolution; Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor; Adreno 530 GPU; 3GB of RAM; a 23-megapixel rear camera; a 13-megapixel front-facing camera; a
2,900 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery; USB-C port; and 32GB of onboard storage capacity, which can be expanded to up to 256GB via microSD.
The Xperia XZ handset comes with Android OS version 6.0.1 'Marshmallow' out-of-the-box, with Sony's custom Xperia UI running on top of it.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids