Facebook launches new standalone app --- ‘Events’ discovery and calendar app
In a Friday announcement, social network Facebook said that it is launching a new standalone app --- the 'Events from Facebook' discovery and calendar app.
The new 'Events' app harnesses some capabilities of Facebook's Events feature, to give users the ability to browse and search for ongoing events. Moreover, since the app is also capable of pulling calendars from the users' phones, all the plans of the users show up in one place; thereby enabling the users to know when they are free.
In announcing the launch of the new standalone 'Events' app via a Friday blog post, Facebook said that the app is available, with immediate effect, on the iOS platform in the US. The company also added alongside that the Android version of the app will also be launched soon.
The Events app boasts a clean interface which offers a number of separate sections -- next to the home tab -- which can be accessed by the users by clicking the corresponding icons at the bottom of the screen. The app also comes with a magnifying glass option, which can be tapped to unfold an Explore tab, to enable users to discover events by browsing through recommendations based on time, location and their interests.
The app also features an interactive map for displaying events taking place in the user's vicinity, as well as a Search tab which displays events happening in other cities.
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market