Google rolls out new ‘PhotoScan’ app for iOS and Android
In a recent announcement, Google has revealed that it is launching a new app called 'PhotoScan,' to enable users to scan their old photos.
Announcing the rollout of the new PhotoScan app, Google said that the app is now available globally for free, for the iOS and Android platforms.
The PhotoScan app differs from some of the other scanner apps - like Scanner Pro and Dropbox - in that it clicks multiple shots for creating each scan. As a result, the app can effectively eradicate glare, one of the common issues that affects the scanning of glossy photos.
The photos scanned with the help of the PhotoScan app yield notably improved results over merely clicking a photo of an old photo. A copy of the old photos scanned using the app can be saved by the users to the camera roll of their handsets, as well as to the Google Photos library, provided that they have installed the Google Photos app on their devices.
The PhotoScan app, like other scanner apps, comes with edge detection capability for cropping out the background of a photo. In addition, the app can also correct a photo's perspective, so as to produce an accurate, distortion-free scan; and it also boasts the inclusion of a smart rotation feature for keeping photos in the proper orientation.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies