Jaunt partners with Xiaomi to help in app and content development for Mi VR headset
In a recent announcement, Jaunt China - an earlier-this-year launched cinematic content provider that shoots, edits, and distributes VR-centric videos - said that it has partnered with Chinese consumer electronic firm Xiaomi.
According to an NDTV report, Jaunt China's partnership with Xiaomi hints at Xiaomi's apparent interest in gaining a foothold in the virtual reality (VR) arena.
As per the report, the partnership with Jaunt will enable Xiaomi to broaden its VR capabilities; with Jaunt apparently facilitating Xiaomi in developing apps and content for its VR headset called Mi VR. The headset was launched by Xiaomi in October.
About the partnership, Tang Mu -- General Manager of Xiaomi VR -- said that Xiaomi is hopeful that, as a result of the partnership, Jaunt will produce "more high-quality VR videos" for Xiaomi's VR platform.
With the partnership deal between Jaunt and Xiaomi likely to be similar to the one between Oculus and Samsung, under which Oculus had developed an app for Samsung's Galaxy Gear VR headset, Jaunt China CEO Fang Gan said: "The partnership with Xiaomi gives confidence."
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal