Gionee’s new premium handset - M2017 - is now available for preorder in China
In a recent announcement, Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has said that it has launched a new metal-and-leather handset called the M2017. The handset is now available for preorder in China, though Gionee has not yet officially disclosed whether or when the handset will be launched in other markets across the world.
The new Gionee M2017 is available in two color options - Gold and Black - and in two editions. The standard 128GB variant is priced at 6,999 yuan (roughly $1,007); and the more luxurious 128GB model with an Italian custom alligator leather is priced at 16,999 yuan (nearly $2,446). The cost of the 256GB models of the handset has not yet been disclosed by Gionee.
One of the key selling points of the premium Gionee M2017 handset is its mammoth 7,000mAh battery, which has been achieved through two units of 3,500 mAh batteries.
Other than the enormous 7,000 mAh battery, some of the other notable features of the Gionee M2017 handset include a 5.7-inch curved AMOLED display with sapphire glass protection; a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 653; Adreno 510 graphics; 6GB of RAM; 128GB/256GB of onboard storage capacity; fingerprint scanner; dual SIM support; 4G compatibility; dual rear camera system with 12- and 13-megapixel cameras; and an 8-megapixel front camera.
The handset runs Android OS version 6.0 'Marshmallow' out of the box, with Gionee's own Amigo OS 3.5 on top.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal