Valve announces best-selling Steam games of 2016
Popular video game producer Valve Corp. has announced the top one hundred games that generated the most revenue on Steam during 2016.
The list of top 100 revenue-generating games is notably varied, ranging from highly-acclaimed games like Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) to games like Stellaris.
The company sorted the games into 1 of 4 different tiers, with one to twelve labeled as "Platinum," thirteenth to twenty-fourth games labeled as "Gold," twenty-five to fortieth games labeled as "Silver." The remaining games were placed into the Bronze category.
Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and Total War: Warhammer got placed in the "Platinum" category. But, games with buggy PC versions failed to fair as well as many might have expected.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided failed to even break out of the "Silver" tier, while Dishonored 2 got stuck in "Bronze" category. No Man's Sky cracked the top 12 games mentioned on the list.
Valve released the list on the back of the 2016 Steam Awards announcement, and it is the first time that the popular game maker has put together such an extensive list, ranking games as per their total gross revenue for the year.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal