Americans won’t be able to buy Xiaomi’s white Mi Mix smartphone
Chinese electronics giant Xiaomi Inc. unveiled a white version of its Mi Mix smartphone at the CES 2017 tech show in Las Vegas on Thursday, but the device will not be launched in the U. S. market.
Many had been expecting the Chinese manufacturer to announce its international expansion to make its products available in markets like the U. S., Canada, and Western Europe. But, company representatives said that Americans will not be able to get their hands on the new product for some time.
Xiaomi's global vice president Hugo Barra said, "We don't have any specific-enough plans (for selling products in the U. S.) yet that we're comfortable talking about yet … Eventually we'll make our way over here."
The statement dispelled previous suggestions that the Chinese company would start selling its products in the U. S. by the end of 2017.
Xiaomi also introduced a brand new TV dubbed the Xiaomi Mi TV 4, which boasts to have a number of eye-catching features. At its slimmest point, the new heavily HDR-focused TV measures merely 4.9 mm wide.
Other striking features include support for Dolby Atmos Surround Sound, and "patch wall" software that aides the TV in understanding more about consumers' habits. Consumers will be able to choose from three different sizes, 49-inches, 55-inches and 65-inches.
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power