Samsung may unveil Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge phones in late March
South Korean electronics giant Samsung may unveil its upcoming Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge smartphones as soon as March 29, according to tech writer and reliable leaker Evan Blass.
Blass, who is known for leaking upcoming products under his Twitter handle @evleaks, also leaked the features of the Korean smartphone maker's two new flagship handsets.
According to Blass, the two upcoming phones could feature larger displays than even the supersized Galaxy Note 7, which had to be recalled last year due to multiple fire incidents. The Samsung S8 could come with a 5.8-inch display, while the Edge could boast an even larger 6.2-inch screen.
They displays could cover nearly 85 per cent of the devices' bodies, leaving them with very little bezel to take up space.
Blass also leaked that the two S8 handsets could do away with the capacitive buttons that are typically found below the screen. It would leave more room for their bigger displays. Analysts believe that it could become a trend from this year. Xiaomi's Mi Mix phone is the most recent example of it.
If the two flagship phones are really unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York, as Blass has suggested, it would mark a big change from the company's past unveilings that typically occurred at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, which is set to take place from Feb. 27 to Mar. 2 this year.
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space