Samsung may unveil Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge phones in late March
South Korean electronics giant Samsung may unveil its upcoming Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge smartphones as soon as March 29, according to tech writer and reliable leaker Evan Blass.
Blass, who is known for leaking upcoming products under his Twitter handle @evleaks, also leaked the features of the Korean smartphone maker's two new flagship handsets.
According to Blass, the two upcoming phones could feature larger displays than even the supersized Galaxy Note 7, which had to be recalled last year due to multiple fire incidents. The Samsung S8 could come with a 5.8-inch display, while the Edge could boast an even larger 6.2-inch screen.
They displays could cover nearly 85 per cent of the devices' bodies, leaving them with very little bezel to take up space.
Blass also leaked that the two S8 handsets could do away with the capacitive buttons that are typically found below the screen. It would leave more room for their bigger displays. Analysts believe that it could become a trend from this year. Xiaomi's Mi Mix phone is the most recent example of it.
If the two flagship phones are really unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York, as Blass has suggested, it would mark a big change from the company's past unveilings that typically occurred at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, which is set to take place from Feb. 27 to Mar. 2 this year.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market