BlackBerry building hype over its Mercury smartphone
BlackBerry, Canadian manufacturer which is struggling to regain its lost share in the highly competitive smartphone market, is apparently building up the hype over its upcoming flagship device dubbed Mercury.
Although Mercury has already made an appearance at the Consumer Electronics Show 2017, but details about its specs and features remain quite elusive.
Analysts say that such secrecy is necessary for the company to grab consumers' attention. The company is also trying to establish a strong following for the smartphone ahead of its official launch through product placements.
Recently, the Canadian manufacturer provided a glimpse of the Mercury smartphone at some point on ABC's "Last Man Standing" show, obviously to build up hype over the upcoming handset.
Tim Allen's character showed off the handset in multiple scenes during the show. The product placement was obvious, particularly when the camera provided a good view of its façade. Mercury will feature a relatively large touchscreen display in addition to the company's famous QWERTY keyboard.
While BlackBerry has yet to officially announce details about Mercury, some recent reports suggested that the Canadian manufacturer could launch it at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona next month.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity