Pre-natal Study to Recruit Thousands in Alberta
It has been reported that the $5-million Alberta Pregnancy Outcomes and Nutrition (APrON) study, which launched in Calgary and Edmonton last fall, has only 750 people signed up when it needs 10,000.
Team leader Bonnie Kaplan, a behavioural researcher with Alberta Health Services and a pediatrics professor at the University of Calgary, said women less than 27 weeks pregnant are encouraged to join the study, which is funded for at least five years through Alberta Innovates Health Solutions.
The study is examining what effect diet has on women and their babies. They also conduct studies about mother’s mental health, birth weight of babies and how the babies develop over three years.
Kaplan said, "We're creating this as a legacy project so five years down the line, 10 years down the line, 20 years down the line, these people can be tracked if our funding continues”.For more information, visit apronstudy. ca or call 403-955-7365.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market