A leading heart surgeon is being accused of putting the lives of his patients at risk. His actions also led to the death of a patient on the operating table. His case was being heard by a medical panel.
Dr. Joe Motwani is famous for his use of a revolutionary artery procedure and he is accused of putting the lives of 24 patients at risk. It is being argued that he acted on his personal ambition without any regard to the interests of his patients.
He also conducted procedures on his patients while they were under sedation and also performed surgeries on patients wrongly. One of his patients died as a result of this as he was not supposed to be undergoing this type of operation.
Dr. Motwani was trying to develop a new open heart surgery technique at the Derriford Hospital in Plymouth. He is considered to be among the premier heart surgeons in the world.
The doctor is also being accused of forcing his patients to undergo dangerous medical procedures and pressuring his patients to go for new types of medical procedures. Most of the times, these procedures were not in the best interests of these patients.
Dr. Motwani is being accused of being guilty of putting the lives of his patients in danger. He is facing charges for the treatment of 24 patients from August 2003 and March 2007.
- DST to Officially Resume on Second Sunday in March
- Eric Schmidt says Google’s data is now protected from any kind of government snooping
- harmon.ie enterprise collaboration app for Office 365 wins App Award for best international app
- Judge Lucy Koh rejects Apple’s second bid for Samsung smartphone sales ban
- Dell announces its Latitude 13 ‘Education Series’ laptops