A leading heart surgeon is being accused of putting the lives of his patients at risk. His actions also led to the death of a patient on the operating table. His case was being heard by a medical panel.
Dr. Joe Motwani is famous for his use of a revolutionary artery procedure and he is accused of putting the lives of 24 patients at risk. It is being argued that he acted on his personal ambition without any regard to the interests of his patients.
He also conducted procedures on his patients while they were under sedation and also performed surgeries on patients wrongly. One of his patients died as a result of this as he was not supposed to be undergoing this type of operation.
Dr. Motwani was trying to develop a new open heart surgery technique at the Derriford Hospital in Plymouth. He is considered to be among the premier heart surgeons in the world.
The doctor is also being accused of forcing his patients to undergo dangerous medical procedures and pressuring his patients to go for new types of medical procedures. Most of the times, these procedures were not in the best interests of these patients.
Dr. Motwani is being accused of being guilty of putting the lives of his patients in danger. He is facing charges for the treatment of 24 patients from August 2003 and March 2007.
- Key Interest Rates Unaltered and Mortgages Get Cheaper
- November Home Sale Prices Moved up in November by 5.3 Percent
- Hyatt’s Malware Attack Affects Properties in India too
- London’s Expensive Property Market Advertises Cheapest Flat for about £75,000
- Slow Down in Housing Market Could be a Drag on Canada’s Economy
- Record Profit for American Airlines in 2015
- Soft Patch for the U.S. Economy in 2015, Q4 with Inventory Stockpile and Slowing Global Demand
- Oil Futures Scale on Hopes of Reduced Supply as Russia Plans to Talk to OPEC Members
- Amazon’s Quarterly Result Misses Expectations; Shares Drop
- Social media to blame for sleep disturbances, study