A leading heart surgeon is being accused of putting the lives of his patients at risk. His actions also led to the death of a patient on the operating table. His case was being heard by a medical panel.
Dr. Joe Motwani is famous for his use of a revolutionary artery procedure and he is accused of putting the lives of 24 patients at risk. It is being argued that he acted on his personal ambition without any regard to the interests of his patients.
He also conducted procedures on his patients while they were under sedation and also performed surgeries on patients wrongly. One of his patients died as a result of this as he was not supposed to be undergoing this type of operation.
Dr. Motwani was trying to develop a new open heart surgery technique at the Derriford Hospital in Plymouth. He is considered to be among the premier heart surgeons in the world.
The doctor is also being accused of forcing his patients to undergo dangerous medical procedures and pressuring his patients to go for new types of medical procedures. Most of the times, these procedures were not in the best interests of these patients.
Dr. Motwani is being accused of being guilty of putting the lives of his patients in danger. He is facing charges for the treatment of 24 patients from August 2003 and March 2007.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man