Recent reports claim of having the English version of the Qatar based news service Al Jazeera to be aired on the free-to-view digital television platform, Freeview.
Presently the channel has made its presence felt on satellite TV through Sky and Freesat that offers its services to approximately ten million homes.
However, this particular deal with Freeview shall aim at doubling its UK audience to around twenty million households thus captivating more of market shares.
Al Jazeera will be on the aired from 6 pm to 11 pm every day on Freeview channel 89 from its studios that will be based at London and in Washington.
A few big programmes such as the current affairs show Frost Over The World and the Rageh Omaar Report in addition to live news and daily sports reports will comprise the channel.
- China Promises to Restrict Greenhouse Emissions by 2016
- Deaths Due to Climate Change will Increase Manifold in Coming Decades
- Demand of Larrivée Guitar Got a Boost after Promotion through Astronaut Chris Hadfield
- Rosario Dawson flashes her crotch at Cannes Film Festival
- Angelina Jolie’s double mastectomy moved Jennifer Aniston to tears