Airtel confirms its plans to launch iPhone 4 in India in October
Leading telecom service provider, Airtel has said has reconfirmed its plans to launch the latest Smartphone from Apple, the iPhone 4 in the Indian market by October this year.
Bharti Airtel CEO Sanjay Kapoor said, "We are working with Apple. Hopefully, we will launch it in the September-October timeframe." He was speaking on the sideline of a conference organized by the CII.
Vodafone was the first carrier to announce the launch of the iPhone 4 in the Indian market. In June the company announced its decision to launch the device in India however it did not give any time frame. Later the company indicated that it will be launched in September 2010.
Airtel already sells other Apple devices like iPhone 3GS in India. The 16GB model is priced at Rs 35,500 while the 32GB model costs Rs 41,500.
The announcement from Airtel about the September-October timeframe is inline with an earlier Apple announcement that iPhone will be rolled out in 88 countries by the end of September.
The iPhone 4 has become very popular in the countries where it is launched. It has overtaken Mac computer and iPod to become the top Apple product. With the roll of new third generation technologies in India the sale of Smartphone devices such as this is expected to grow.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown