The mobile web browser of Opera Software, the Opera Mini has reached another milestone on July 25, 2010 by registering one billion pages view per day.
This translates to Opera Mini servers compressing more than 11,500 pages every second before sending to the mobile phone devices around the world. Opera Mini registered the 100 million page views per day in June 2008. The browser was registering 910 million page views on an average last month.
Jon von Tetzchner, co-founder, Opera Software said, "Each day is different in the fast-growing mobile Web. Every day more people around the world choose Opera Mini and view more pages through this browser."
"Crossing one billion pages views in a day is further proof that people desire the best Internet experience, no matter where they live or what device they use," he added.
Opera Mini is the most popular mobile browser in the world. It is supported by over 3,000 mobile phones from different vendors. The unique technology in the browser compresses data by up to 90 percent before sending it to the mobile phones which makes page loading much faster.
As the penetration of smart mobile devices increase around the world, the internet service available on these devices is becoming more popular.
- Scientists discover Oldest Stone Tool in Turkey
- Rods and Cones of 300-Million-Year-Old Fossilized Fish still well Preserved
- Xiaomi to Invests 1.27 billion Yuan in Midea, a Home Appliance Manufacturing Company
- Following the Great Recession the Wealth Inequality Gap between Whites, Blacks and the Hispanics Widen
- Former Atlantic City Showboat Casino Bought by Richard Stockton College