The mobile web browser of Opera Software, the Opera Mini has reached another milestone on July 25, 2010 by registering one billion pages view per day.
This translates to Opera Mini servers compressing more than 11,500 pages every second before sending to the mobile phone devices around the world. Opera Mini registered the 100 million page views per day in June 2008. The browser was registering 910 million page views on an average last month.
Jon von Tetzchner, co-founder, Opera Software said, "Each day is different in the fast-growing mobile Web. Every day more people around the world choose Opera Mini and view more pages through this browser."
"Crossing one billion pages views in a day is further proof that people desire the best Internet experience, no matter where they live or what device they use," he added.
Opera Mini is the most popular mobile browser in the world. It is supported by over 3,000 mobile phones from different vendors. The unique technology in the browser compresses data by up to 90 percent before sending it to the mobile phones which makes page loading much faster.
As the penetration of smart mobile devices increase around the world, the internet service available on these devices is becoming more popular.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man