It is the breast feeding week and a World Breastfeeding Celebration on Saturday, August 14, will be hosted by Pitt County Health Department, the Pitt County Breastfeeding Advisory Council, La Leche League and Pitt County Memorial Hospital.
Breast feeding information sessions will be given at the celebration that will take place at the Pitt County Agriculture Center located at 403 Government Circle in Greenville.
Apart from the information session there will be refreshments, a rockin romp station where women can feed their babies and door prizes will also be there.
It has been known that breastfeeding is important for the baby as well as for mothers too. Its importance has been emphasized upon by almost all professional and medical organisations across the globe.
With breastfeeding babies can be protected from various problems like severe lower respiratory tract infections, reduced risk of acute otitis media, and sudden infant death syndrome apart from providing various nutritional benefits.
Apart from babies being benefited even women are protected from ovarian, breast cancers, cardiovascular diseases and even diabetes.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man