Trusteer Unveils UK-Specific Zeus 2.0 Botnet
Security firm Trusteer has revealed the latest Zeus 2.0 botnet is aimed specifically to root out financial information from UK bank account holders.
This malware was recognized by Trusteer security researchers after a six month long study of botnet format.
As per the report laid by the security corporation, the botnet is considered to be one of the first few examples that gains support from Zeus 2.0 botnet.
Trusteer through a statement claimed that the botnet can easily pick up sensitive financial information, like the credit and debit card numbers, bank statements, FTP passwords, cookie information, passwords and customers' online banking log-in details.
Chief technology officer for Trusteer, Amit Klein, explained: "What is especially worrying is that this botnet doesn't just stop at user IDs and passwords."
He adds that by the digging out a client's private information such as certificates and cookies, the cyber criminals can extract a lot of extra knowledge that might further boost the online frauds.
New Zealand News
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
- Almost 90% of new electricity production in 2020 will be renewable: EPA
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies