The hacker named, Comex who is also behind the Spirit and JailbreakMe tools for Apple device running on iOS has made the ‘Frash’ tool, which brought Adobe’s Flash player to Apple iPad, available for the iPhone 4 and other iOS 4 devices.
Comex is a known hacker from the dev team that regularly releases jailbreaks for the new Apple devices. The frash tool reportedly works only on the alpha version and is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPhone 4 along with iPad.
The hacker claims that the installation is easy but the users should be ready to jailbreak their device. The user has to download the packaged .deb file and transfer it to ‘Cydia AutoInstall folder’ using SSH and reboot the device.
After five minutes the Flash is installed and the user will be able to flash enabled animated advertisements on the browser. The hacker also cautions that users that this tool is relatively new and only those who are able to follow the process closely should attempt. The jailbreak could also cause the device to malfunction and jailbreak voids Apple warranty policy.
- Partial Yahoo Mail outage this week affected users for past two, or even three days
- Google Sheets rebuilt from ground up; new version available immediately
- Valve to ship out prototype Steam Machines to 300 selected US beta testers on Dec. 13
- EU court dismisses Cisco's complaint against Microsoft's Skype acquisition deal
- AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson: Carriers need to move away from the subsidy model