Breastfeeding week was celebrated and mums and their babes turned out in huge numbers setting a record.
A major health message was taken to the public by these mum-babe duos during the Big Latch On.
About 70 mothers turned out at the Botany Town Centre on Friday and they were seen breastfeeding their littlies at 10.30am.
Toddlers were fed at the Haseler Hall in Howick’s All Saints Church at the event convened by La Leche League.
The record of 2009 where 1306 mums turned up to fed their babies was broken by this year’s turn up as 1474 mothers joined from all over New Zealand to feed their babies.
There is a theme for the breastfeeding week every year and this year’s was ‘breastfeeding – just 10 steps the baby-friendly way’. It was aimed at spreading awareness of the international Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI).
Women were told about the importance of breastfeeding and how important it was for their babies.
HOTmilk, a company that makes lingerie for pregnant and nursing mums donated 1000 maternity bras and about 600 camisoles for the event.
Lisa Ebbing, the co-director of HOTmilk said, “We wanted to make a difference, even a small difference, to women in need.”
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man