Global Hand-washing Day spreads awareness
More than 200 million children, teachers, celebrities, parents and government officials will wash their hands on third annual ‘Global Hand-washing Day’, with an aim to have more than just clean hands.
More than just a day is the theme of Global Hand-washing Day this year and making hand washing a regular habit after the sunsets on October 15 is what the day will aim for.
It is being ensured by Global Hand-washing Day partners that communities and schools have the needed support to make this practice a routine and are also promoting this behavioral change by organizing activities in more than 80 countries.
New tools to help developing countries transform handwashing from a distracted daily act to a positive habit are being rolled out by the Global Public-Private Partnership for Hand-washing with Soap.
For deaths of more than 3.5 million children who are les than five years of age, diarrheal diseases and acute respiratory infections are responsible.
National GHD activities in Islamabad in the presence of various government officials will be launched by Federal Minister for environment Hameedullah Afridi and others present would be representatives of UNDP, UNICEF, WHO, UN-HABITAT and WASH teachers and two students each from area schools.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network