Swan Telecom sells its 45% stake to UAE company
An agreement was signed between Swan Telecom, an Indian mobile telephony provider, and UAE based Emirates Telecommunications (Etisalat), under which 45% stake of the former would be sold to the latter for USD 900 million.
The company would need the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) sanction for the investments. Swan Telecom, which is in the process of acquiring two more licenses in the country, already holds GSM licenses in 13 circles.
A total of 16 countries including Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Egypt, is where Etisalat, which is based in Abu-Dhabi, has operations in a total of 16 countries including Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Egypt. Several entities, with major being Dynamix Balwas Group, holds he remaining 55% stake in Swan Telecom.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market