Expatriate couple behind bars for having sex in public
It has appeared that after an expatriate British couple in Dubai was found guilty of having sex in public, they were sentenced to three months in jail.
Furthermore, the couple, Michelle Palmer and Vince Acors, is also supposed to pay 1,000 dirhams (£160) as fine. They will also be deported once they finish their prison terms; however, the lawyer fighting their case said they will appeal against the judge's decision.
“They are not guilty but they were prepared for this. When I told Michelle, she was not crying but she was upset,” said Hassam Matter.
It was in July when Ms Palmer and Mr Acors were put behind bars after they refused to adhere to police caution about having sex on a sun lounger, particularly as there is a ban on sex outside marriage in Dubai.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal