Qatar Holding to acquire 17% Porsche stake
Qatar Holding has decided to acquire 17% stake in Volkswagen AG, which is merging with Porsche, in a deal that will exceed $10 billion.
In a statement released late Friday, Qatar Holding said it will now be the third major shareholder in VW, after Porsche and Lower Saxony.
The sources informed that the purchase follows the UAE's Aabar Investment acquisition in March of a 10% stake of Daimler AG, famed for its Mercedes-Benz brand, indicating continuing Gulf interest in the European automotive sector despite the economic slump.
The sources further informed that Porsche has also decided to set up research facilities in Doha as part of the deal.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown