UAE to replace Saudi Arabia as largest jet market
Latest data has shown that very soon UAE is going to replace Saudi Arabia as the single largest market for business jets in all of Middle East. And what has made this possible are the continuous orders from high networth individuals and charter operators.
It took more than two decades time for UAE to reach this dominance level. It has already managed to level itself with Saudi. And the magic number is 160 private jets present and sold from each of the country.
The data was made available by the Middle East Business Aviation Association (MEBAA) that has said that the figures are rising even faster.
Ali al Naqbi, MEBAA's founding chairman, who was present and also opened the 2010 Middle East Business Aviation Show in Dubai said that Saudi is far ahead when it comes to the aviation industry. But there is no denying that UAE Is fast catching up whether it be in terms of operations, more charter or more aircrafts.
This shift is deriving its fuel from the conversion of military airbase in Abu Dhabi to Al Bateen Executive Airport. This helped in diverting traffic from Dubai which was overflowing at that time.
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market