Low-cost carrier Air Arabia has revealed that the construction of its 300-room three-star Centro Hotel located at Sharjah airport will be finalized by coming April.
The sources close to Air Arabia informed that concrete structure for all four floors of the hotel has already been completed and the hotel is poised to reach completion, beating the development's budget.
The hotel entails standard rooms and suites and will target both business travellers and individual guests.
The sources informed that Centro by Rotana at the Sharjah airport is a key element of Air Arabia's expansion strategy.
Centro by Rotana will feature a gym and swimming pools together with business facilities.
In addition to the services provided by the airline, the hotel is also expected to act as an extra source of revenue.
Air Arabia, the Sharjah-based national budget carrier, revealed the introduction of the Centro Hotel in early 2007, following the signing of a management agreement between Air Arabia and Rotana Hotels to control the property under the Centro by Rotana brand.
Sharjah airport enjoyed 11% surge in passenger traffic in the first five months of this year to 2.3 million passengers.
- Partial Yahoo Mail outage this week affected users for past two, or even three days
- Google Sheets rebuilt from ground up; new version available immediately
- Valve to ship out prototype Steam Machines to 300 selected US beta testers on Dec. 13
- EU court dismisses Cisco's complaint against Microsoft's Skype acquisition deal
- AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson: Carriers need to move away from the subsidy model