General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Tuesday visited Swat so that he could attend the glamorous and popular ceremony of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Bridge near Barikot. Ashfaq Parvez is the Chief of Army Staff (COAS).
The press release that was published by ISPR said that the bridge in question is being constructed with the help of Frontier Works Organization and the funding for the same has come from Quick Impact Projects.
Meanwhile besides the general Ali Saif Sultan Al Awani, Ambassador of UAE was also present during the occasion. After the whole event the general gave his thanks to the brotherly Country and said that without them the construction of the bridge would not have been possible.
The De-radicalization and Emancipation Program (DREP) Facility which is run under the Pakistani Army was also visited by him. The facility has been made to provide rehabilitation to war affected youth.
When the event started and the general arrived he was received by the Corps Commander, Lieutenant General Asif Yasin Malik. And when the program ended he talked to the locals and said that the Army will continue to do meaningful work for them.
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere
- Poison is Suspected for Sea Lions Deaths found in Peru