UAE Pavilion to be brought over to Saadiyat Island
If the plans of the Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) fructify, then the award winning UAE Pavilion will be brought over to the Saadiyat Island.
It is currently part of the World Expo that is going on in Shanghai and has been running successfully for the past six months.
UAE Pavilion is a dune shaped structure that has been put on display at the expo. It has been placed beside Shanghai's Huangpu River and has turned out to be a highlight of the event. The dune has been designed by Foster + Partners. They are the same people who are behind the Zayed National Museum on Saadiyat Island.
Meanwhile, sources have revealed that the pavilion set up for the expo is going to be dismantled gradually and will be rebuilt somewhere close to Manarat al Saadiyat on Saadiyat Island.
The new place is going to be used as a house for new art related exhibitions. And will be open for the public from 2011. The dune is one of the largest structures that is present during the expo which is going to be shifted as it is.
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market