U. S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has surmounted one hurdle following the other ever since being critically wounded in the shootings at Arizona. Her newest was in particular vital, since the situation went from critical to serious.
The decision by the doctors last Sunday has been another indication of an amazing recovery after having been shot in the head on 8th January, by a gunman who had started shooting when she met constituents at a certain parking space in a Tucson supermarket. The opening of fire had resulted in the death of six people and the wounding of a dozen people as well as the congresswoman.
She fell into a critical condition due to the attack. However the doctors are positive, and sometimes nearly giddy, in talking about her progress.
Since she came to the emergency she replied only either by squeezing a doctor's hand or by lifting two of her fingers.
Giffords had her unbandaged eye opened soon following the visit by President Barack Obama at her bedside on Wednesday.
In the presence of her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, by her side, the doctors told that further milestones were achieved, that were all a sign of greater cognitive operation.
- A few Royals to get a sneak peek of the Chelsea Flower Show ahead of its public opening
- Nicki Minaj gives Lil Wayne a Lapdance at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Osbourne’s are re-united
- Rajinikanth’s Kochadaiyaan couldn’t make it to the Cannes Film Festival screening
- Combination Food of Soy and Tomato Can Probably Help in Prostate Cancer