UAE, China to promote cultural heritage
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by The Abu Dhabi Authority of Culture and Heritage (Adach) and the Chinese Ministry of Culture, in connection with support to the mutual understanding and dialogues regarding their cultures and civilizations.
Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, chairman of Adach, said: "Adach is now playing a key role in supporting creativity and promoting cultural dialogue, as well as implementing a strategy aimed at protecting the cultural heritage of Abu Dhabi."
He further mentioned that Adach aims at promoting cultural diplomacy.
Sheikh Sultan strongly emphasized Abu Dhabi's sincere and strong efforts to preserve and promote culture and heritage of UAE and to make known the Emirati, Arab and also the Islamic culture to the world.
He expressed that the authority shall fully extend cooperation to the Chinese Ministry of Culture, and this would lead to many multi-cultural events and activities.
According to Cai Wu, Chinese Minister of Culture, Abu Dhabi's development and progress is similar to the development of museums and cultural infrastructure in China. He discussed about the Chinese festival of culture, which is to be held in Abu Dhabi soon, and also extended his invitation to Adach to participate in the Shanghai International Exhibition next year.
Wu, who had visited Abu Dhabi 10 years ago, acknowledged its development and progress in the social, economic and cultural fields.
Mohammed Khalaf Al Mazrouei, Director General of Adach, emphasized on the UAE's constructive role, which would unite the region through cooperation and mutual cultural achievements. It would also strengthen cultural relationships with China and other countries.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids