South West illegal tobacco trade cracked down
It has been reported that illegal tobacco has been offered to more than a third of smokers in Devon and Cornwall.
For tracking down the sale and tobacco products that are bogus, Smokefree South West is one such agency that is busy in this. There are many such agencies.
Reports from the body that funded by the government state those fake tobacco products are lit by over 200,000 people in this region.
According to HM Revenue and Customs, to aid organized crime, market is experiencing such activities.
For being sold in the black market, some of the products are produced abroad.
It was very important to have an approach that was multi-agency, according to Dr David Phillips, from the South West Regional Tobacco Control Board.
He added, "Cigarettes are coming in at one place and getting sold and distributed in other areas, so it's recognition of real life."
According to Stephen Meal, from Trading Standards, these activities were mainly taking place because of the price among smokers.
He further added that there is always a rise in illegal and fake tobacco products when the control on tobacco increases and there is a rise in the price of tobacco products.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market