Every day about 202 minutes are spent by an average Kiwi watching television and with this television still is one of New Zealand's most loved past times.
About 75 per cent of people watch television every day and last year an additional 31,000 people tuned in watching television.
It is also reported that television is being watched by Kiwis for much longer than before with about 20 per cent more people indulging in television as compared to what it was in 2007. And latest figures state that every day three million New Zealanders spend their time in front of the television.
According to Roy Morgan Research, the only thing that has not lost audience is television.
It was also stated in Morgan's total media consumption reports that radio and print have lost audience to online activities but when it comes to television, no such thing was found and about 96 per cent of people viewed television in the past week keeping the number of television audiences strong over the past eight years.
It was added, "People become emotionally invested in what they watch and discussing their opinions on the finale of a series or the cliff-hanger at the end of the show can become the topic of the day at the watercooler or with other fans on social media sites."
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere
- Poison is Suspected for Sea Lions Deaths found in Peru