Abu Dhabi-owned investment fund Mubadala and Chicago-based asset manager Mesirow Financial are all set to strike a deal for setting up a new joint venture company. The new entity would offer services in risk management in commodity and in the currency market. Chris Coombe, former chief operating officer of Invest AD will head the joint venture, according to a person known to development.
Invest AD, a firm owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC), is one of the leading sovereign wealth funds in Abu Dhabi. Investment fund Mubadala is yet to obtain regulatory approvals to start its operations in the country.
Mesirow spokeswoman Katie Schimmel told Reuters on Thursday that Mubadala and Mesirow will own 51 per cent and 49 per cent stake in the newly formed entity. This is the first ever joint venture Mubadala has formed with Mesirow and it is aimed to serve clients in Abu Dhabi and in Middle East, North Africa and South Asia region.
Waleed Al Mokarrab Al Muhairi, Chief Operating Officer for Mubadala, told, "This new venture will help clients navigate market fluctuations and manage downside risks - particularly in commodity and currency prices."
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man