UAE slashes public transport fares for students and senior citizens
In a major relief to students and senior citizens of Dubai, the Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced to slash fares for them by 50 per cent. The new fares would be effective from March, 2011 covering all public buses and Metro in the emirate of Dubai. Moreover, needy people will be offered free transport service and the department will soon start the process to start applications from such people.
New categories of NoL Cards will be introduced very soon which would offer an alternate mode of fare payment for Dubai Metro, buses and water buses and for paying parking fees. Such special facilities would be offered only to the UAE citizens.
NoL Blue Card will cost around Dh70 including Dh20 credits. Similarly, daily pass costing Dh16 will be introduced for offering unlimited trips in a single day on all public buses and metro.
CEO, RTA Technical Corporate Support Services Sector, Abdullah Al Madani added, "If the journey costs Dhs3, these people shall pay Dhs1.5. The best tidings were for people with disabilities (PWDs), who shall now ride free of charge. All will be using an upgraded Blue Nol Card "because it is the one personalized."
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market